1. Find your PHP version using phpinfo() function. You should need to know the version when you download the ionCube loaders.
x86/ppc/sparc packages are for 32 bit systems;
x86-64/ppc64 packages are for 64 bit systems.
The Windows non-TS Loaders are for use on a Windows system where a phpinfo() page shows that PHP is built with thread safety disabled.
2. Download ionCube loader from: http://www.ionCube.com/loaders.php
Download this version: Windows VC9 (x86) – Windows Installer
3. Install ionCube loader to XAMPP at: D:\xampp\htdocs\ioncube
4. Open php.ini with in text editor.
The file is located at D:\xampp\apache\bin\ or D:\xampp\php\.
Add the following line before any other zend_extension statement.
zend_extension = “D:\xampp\htdocs\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll”
And Save this file.
5. Run (or restart) XAMPP, and open the following link http://localhost/ioncube/loader-wizard.php
6. For security reasons we advise that you remove this Wizard script (loader-wizard.php) from your server now that the ionCube Loader is installed.
Remove this! http://localhost/ioncube/loader-wizard.php
Note: I prefer to put the “ioncube” folder in “D:\xampp\php” instead of htdocs, if you do so, you should also update the path in php.ini file.